As a unit under supervision of Maritime Affairs, it is located in the Bandar tower. The main activities and tasks of this unit include coordinating the control of maritime traffic and monitoring the performance of maritime communication stations and follow-up in order to keep the stations updated.
- Monitoring the performance of maritime communication stations
- Keeping maritime telecommunication stations updated
- Auditing dependent and independent maritime communications stations
- Monitoring of marine frequency band and follow-up of marine frequency interference
- Checking requests for the use of marine frequency
- Checking radio coverage (marine) in the region and follow-up of eliminating radio blind spots
- Follow-up and commention regarding the construction project of the buildings of maritime control centers